Sunday, March 19, 2006

Figuring out the system...
I'm going to play catch-up now. I started writing the last (only, so far!) post in January but didn't post it until now, as I took a while to decide to go ahead with my blog, which is why there seems to have been a few weeks' silence! So, here are a few more projects before I get going properly. The seemingly never-ending winter has made me decide that more knitting is the only way to go, so I figured Tales of the knitty was ready for its debut!

I have been caught by the curly-whirly craze and ad-libbed a bit, coming up with these variations on the theme:




I was really pleased with these. I was inspired by Ruth's website and once I understood the construction thanks to her great instructions I was able to curly-whirly at will. They were a fun, relatively quick knit and are great as gifts. You can vary the amount of curl as much as you like depending on the amount of increasing you do and I like the effect of the different twists according to how many stitches you make per row (I simply knitted into the front and back of each stitch, or every other stitch or every third stitch, and so on, to vary the twist).



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home