Monday, March 27, 2006

A Happy Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day here in the UK and my children gave me some lovely cards. Edward and Lily made these at school - aren't they pretty? Here is Lily's card:



and here is Edward's


Yes, they are twins! Ellen had been out with her Dad and bought me a card she knew I'd like:

I have loved tigers ever since I was little, and she had seen this card in a shop window and then bought me a toy tiger to go with it, which I love! The detail on the tiger figure is amazing. So, the tiger can keep me company in my office at home while I work.

Then I got a beautiful bunch of flowers:

We all went for a bike ride in the morning and then went to Pizza Express for lunch, which was lovely, as there were so many other families there that for once we didn't have to worry about our unruly table! So, a great day - I feel lucky to have been given these special gifts and did feel appreciated (even though it was back to making packed lunches and ironing school uniform in the evening!). Still, we had this banana cake for tea, which was yummy:

Some progress on the knitting:


The front is nearly done and then I need to block it and do the button bands and neckband and sew it all together - getting there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home