Thursday, March 23, 2006

Progress (mostly on the domestic front)

At my knitting group in Putney yesterday I made some progress on the back of the baby Guernsey, having finished the sleeves before I went. I still have a way to go and today I was a bit bogged down reading some articles for work and trying very hard to be Nigella. At my children's school tomorrow they are having a fund-raising cake sale for Arts Week, an annual event which last year led me to try to teach the whole of Key Stage 2 (7-11 year olds) to knit! Never again - much as I enjoyed it! This year I'll be less ambitious! Still, at the end of a week we had this:





So, back to the bake sale ... out came my copy of




and out came my wooden spoon (no high-tech gadgetry for me - when Nigella says blitz the cake mixture in the food processor, that means beat it thoroughly with a spoon for me!) and two hours later we had

Apparently no one can quite match the particular shades of pink I manage to achieve with my red food colouring and my cakes are always very distinctive and go quickly (the girls love 'em) so at least I've done my bit (even though my knitting has suffered!). I plan to head off to my needles now and settle down for an hour or so with my knitting as I am impatient to move on to the next project!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home