Sunday, April 30, 2006

All the fun of the fair

Time to catch up a bit. I haven't had much time to knit this week, as I've got a lot of work on and family things are taking up a lot of time. I have made a bit of progress on Birch:



I just love all those leaves! According to Rose-Kim's wonderful shawl progress calculator I am 26% of the way there, so not too bad. As predicted I feel a touch obsessive about Birch and really all I want to do is sit and knit. But, life must go on outside my knitting and, as well as working through my piles of work, I am trying to list some vintage knitting patterns for sale on eBay, sort out my stash a bit and generally get slightly more organised. This is not easy when it is a bank holiday weekend and three children need entertaining. So, yesterday, to keep the little ones happy we went to the fair, where a good time was had by all.
Horse-mad Lily was in her element, as was train-mad Edward:

Today I took Ellen and a friend to see Eight Below, a Disney film about huskies, set in Antarctica. There were a few scary moments and Ellen is having trouble settling down tonight, so I hope it wasn't too ambitious. I was impressed by the dogs' hierarchical behaviour and have always thought they were beautiful, so I enjoyed the movie too!
If you want to check out any of my items for sale, such as this

then please check them out under seller name knittingingrid

1 Comments:

Anonymous Caroline said...

My husband and son went to the same fair this afternoon (to do some male bonding over the dodgems) - I could have used this time to do some knitting but sadly it was spent ironing instead.

Hope to see you Wednesday.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home