Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Another one finished!

The children went back to school today and after the school run and going to the supermarket, finishing the ironing, doing some cleaning and generally getting the house a bit more in order, I sat down and did a bit of knitting. I finished the neckline before school pick-up and then finished the stripey cardigan in the evening. Here it is, all pressed, in its finished glory:

And here is a close-up of the neck - I love garter stitch details!

I am amazed that over the course of the Easter holidays I have managed to finish two projects! I have several other half-finished things lying around but am itching to start something new. So I might knit another Birch before going back to finishing mode. I have knitted two of these shawls already, both as gifts for friends. Here is a shot of one of them, in Kaalund Expressions, Seaweed colourway:


I have enough Kidsilk haze to knit one so I thought I would knit it again as I really like the design and found it easy to memorise after a few repeats. It is based on an 8-row repeat so is pretty straightforward. Here's a rather fuzzy close-up of the stitch detail:

3 Comments:

Blogger Nickerjac said...

Both look beautiful and you have more patience than me to knit birch I couldn't get on with it at all. Sorry I missed you at knitting group this morning but tucked away at SIlkwood at the moment

2:10 PM  
Blogger knittingingrid said...

Hi Nic
I didn't make it this morning - I was working, but will definitely try to get to Putney next week. Hope to see you soon - it would be lovely to catch up. How are the bunnies?

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Nicky - I started one about three times, it's the KSH, cannot get on with it. Lovely colour - and I like the stripey one too. Waiting to see what you are going to unearth next!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home