Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The archaeological dig continues...

Digging through my half-finished projects last night I came across this, the back of a cardigan,

and these, the fronts:

This cardigan is a variation on one in Rowan magazine number 31:


As you can see, I am doing it in two colours only (largely because these colours were the only ones in the John Lewis sale two years ago!). I am knitting age 6-7 but my oldest daughter is probably too tall for it now (she is very tall for her age, even though she is only 7) so I think I need to finish it either for a friend or for my younger daughter. So, inspired by my completion of one UFO I cast on the sleeves:


I don't think this will be as quick to finish as the baby jacket (largely because I have more to do and it is a bigger garment) but I want to get on with it while I am re-enthused!

In the meantime, the Easter holidays progress. This week my oldest daughter is on a swimming course from Monday to Thursday and so we are surrounded by wet kit


and tired children. The morning swim and lunch over, this afternoon we are going to see Ice Age 2: The Meltdown, so I hope that will keep the kids happy. I am debating whether to take my knitting but figure it might be too hard to do in the dark...but I'm tempted!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jill said...

Missed you yesterday! even though I did know you weren't coming.

I have done a variation on this cardigan too, in about five or six colours, whatever I had in hand.....I keep wondering what else you are going to produce, almost finished.....

2:23 PM  
Blogger knittingingrid said...

Hi Jill, I missed you all too! Knitting group is the highlight of my week - can't make next week either - I am working in the morning, but really looking forward to the week after! I enjoy your comments - thank you for making the effort!

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home