Monday, April 24, 2006

The circle of life

We had Edward and Lily's party at the local sports hall yesterday and 20 five-year-olds had a great time:

Once it was all over and the cakes were eaten

we went home and I managed to get some knitting done in the evening. Birch is progressing slowly:


I have nearly finished the second repeat - only another 28 to go! I do remember getting completely obsessed with knitting this the last couple of times, but it is not a project I can carry around as I do need to think while doing it! So, I have unearthed this:


which is the back and the start of the sleeves for this:

a Debbie Bliss pattern that was published in Knitting magazine, the February/March 2004 issue. I am knitting this for a friend who has recently had her fourth child - a little girl, after three boys! I have already made this a couple of times and like the pattern because, for a cardigan, it is not fiddly as the button bands are an integral part of the fronts and you do not have to knit them separately. So, Birch is going to be my evening knitting and the cardigan my 'conversation' knitting (I can talk and knit at the same time!).

Now that the twins' party is over we have slightly more serious things to attend to - my father-in-law sadly died last Thursday and so we are in the midst of arranging the funeral and sorting things out. He was 84 and had had a good innings, but it is upsetting when death finally happens. At least it was relatively peaceful and he did not suffer too much.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jill said...

That's my favourite pattern for a quick cardigan! But I often do the button bands integrally, even if the pattern doesn't say so, esp. on babies' and childrens' things.

I'm sorry for the sadness in losing your father-in-law - hope you and your children have some happy memories of him? Hope to see you later.....

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home