Thursday, April 13, 2006

It was 10 years ago today

Today, 10 years ago, Paul and I got married. Three children later we are proud to have reached this milestone. He gave me this cute card:


Tonight, I am looking forward to a night off cooking as we plan to get a take-away (we have given up going out much as babysitting is so expensive), so I might settle down with my knitting after that. I have decided to do one sleeve at a time for the stripey cardigan as the balls of yarn were getting all tangled up and driving me mad!

I really missed going to the Putney knitting group yesterday and won't be able to make it next week because I have switched my work shift next Wednesday to the morning in honour of Edward and Lily's birthday (I can't believe the twins are going to be 5 - it seems very grown up!), so I can pick them up from school. I will miss seeing everyone!

We had the last swimming lesson in the crash course today and four days in the pool in a row has worn us all out, so it was tears at bedtime tonight. We also had another trip to the Wetlands Centre after swimming and did an egg hunt, which the children enjoyed, earning themselves a Cadbury Creme Egg in the process. After a picnic lunch and a run around the children just wanted to come home and they watched a DVD until they got back their energy!

I am looking forward to four days with Paul around and maybe some day trips over Easter and then it is back to school all too soon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Linda said...

Hi Ingrid - great blog, missed you at the Putney Group this week, see you in a couple of weeks. Have a Happy Easter!
Linda

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Jill said...

Five years old does seem to be a big milestone......I shan't be there next week either, looking forward to seeing you the following one.

10:25 PM  
Blogger margaret said...

Milestones and finished UFOs, what a good combination!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home