Monday, April 17, 2006

New kids on the block

It was the last day of the Easter break from school today and we headed off for the day. Originally, we were going to go to Bekonscot model village, but when we arrived there were no spaces in the car park, so we switched to Plan B and went to Odds Farm Park instead.

There were baby goats (born only yesterday - and twins too!)


and baby lambs.

The kids (I'm talking children here!) had a great time and it is always good being out in the fresh air.
So, back to the routine of school tomorrow and although I like the holidays, I must say I am ready for a bit of time on my own, to catch up with work, and domestic work too! The house needs a thorough going over!

On to some knitting now. I have had a parcel sitting around for a few days, which I have been putting off opening, worried that what was in it would not fit, mainly because I wanted it to fit so much! It was this:




Sue's Rapunzel jacket that she auctioned on eBay for charity, the Playtex Moonwalk, which I was lucky enough to win. I thought it might not fit but to my delight it does and I am very pleased with it. It is a pattern I have liked since Rowan number 34 came out and I have thought about knitting it for a while, but now Sue has saved me the trouble! Thanks again, Sue, for such a beautiful piece of work!

I am progressing with the stripey cardigan - pictures tomorrow. The sleeves are both finished and I am starting to put it together. I hope to get it done over the next couple of days. And then I think I might do a bit more digging ...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jill said...

Always good to have a Plan B!

I've always liked that Rapunzel jacket too - have got as far as contemplating knitting it, but no futher. Hope to see it one Wednesday? I won't be there tomorrow......

9:36 AM  
Blogger knittingingrid said...

Hi Jill
I'll try to wear it on the 26th! See you there, I hope! Could you bring your one-skein book if it has arrived, as I'd like to look through it? Thanks!

1:31 PM  
Anonymous caroline said...

Hello Ingrid

I hope to be there tomorrow - my copy of one skein arrived just before Easter I could bring it along tomorrow.

2:42 PM  
Blogger knittingingrid said...

Hi Caroline
I can't come tomorrow - have to work in the morning as it is Edward and Lily's birthday - could you bring it next week please? Thanks!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home