Sunday, April 09, 2006

Tackling the UFOs

I decided that I would try to finish some UFOs I have lying around the house and first up we have this Scandinavian jacket from Debbie Bliss, in the Family Collection book. I started this so long ago that I can't even remember who I was knitting it for originally or why I ground to a halt so near the finish line, but a friend of mine's daughter has her first birthday soon and so I thought I would finish it off for her.

So far, I have done the back, one front and the sleeves, so just have the pockets (although I am unconvinced about these - do babies really need pockets?!) and one front and the finishing off to go:

Looks a bit of a mess so far, doesn't it? but it will shape up once blocked and pressed. (It probably doesn't help that it was sqashed into a bag for months on end - please tell me I am not the only knitter guilty of this!) I am just using a Patons Double Knitting yarn and think I'll be able to get this done soon as double knit always makes up fast.

Although I am itching to start something new, I also feel that I want to sort out my stash a bit, and so want to finish off some garments as presents. This is number one on the list!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jill said...

I've done this one - in navy and white! I have lots of things squashed into bags, I just wish they were so nearly finished as this one of yours is!

10:35 PM  
Blogger knittingingrid said...

Phew, that's a relief Jill - I hoped I wasn't the only one!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home