Sunday, May 07, 2006

More ironing than knitting

Well, some knitting has been going on but I have been very bogged down in work and domesticity. Today, I tackled the ironing mountain and managed 9 men's shirts, 15 school shirts, sundry other children's items, several of my shirts, one set of bedlinen, and various other household items. What a list! I have let it all pile up this week - always a mistake - but am up to date once more. It always amazes me how much washing a family of five creates!

I am also very bogged down in work and need to get on with it this week otherwise I shall be burning the midnight oil!

I am on to the 10th repeat of Birch, which means I am more than halfway there, according to the shawl progress calculator (although I find this hard to believe!). We have a long car journey on Tuesday, so I hope to make more progress and will update you with a photo then.

The children all went to a birthday party today which meant that Paul and I could go out for a relaxing lunch, which was wonderful. We ate by the river


and although the tide was out, it was still an uplifting sight!

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Do we get to see a photo of Birch in progress? I can't wait to see it.

10:29 PM  
Blogger margaret said...

Life is toooooo short to be ironing bedlinen! (Except for a favourite pillowcase...)

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Jill said...

Only the pillow-cases get ironed in this house, I stopped ironing sheets years ago.....All those school shirts - I used to dry mine on coat hangers and just iron the collar and fronts if neccessary - but then I'm a lazy so and so......

5:20 PM  
Blogger knittingingrid said...

Oh but Margaret, I do so love freshly ironed sheets. Slipping between them is delicious!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home