Sunday, May 21, 2006

Pink and grey

Yesterday was grey and damp and what better pursuit than a bit of cake baking and pink icing to cheer everyone up:

Edward spent the afternoon playing with his trains (as did his Dad!) and the girls and I went to the swings for a bit of fresh air and made fairy cakes. I also found these lovely vintage buttons (I just love buttons!) in a local junk store:

Well, a glance outside today proved equally uninspiring but after yet more ironing (yes, it is never-ending!) we headed off to the Wetlands Centre for some fresh air. The yellow irises were out in force and were a good antidote to the rain:



We had a rather miserable walk around the centre in the unrelenting drizzle but did see some great crested grebes and lots of wading birds in the shallows. After a good run around we headed home and I managed to get some knitting done:


Yes, it is finished at last, and will be posted tomorrow along with this (well, after three boys, a girl's got to have some pink!):

5 Comments:

Anonymous Dipsy D. said...

Oh, these little cakes look so yummy - that's certainly a wonderful treat on a rainy Sunday!
The jacket you've been doing is so pretty, I love the color you chose for it, and such a beautiful pattern!
I'm a bit of a button nut as well though I never know what to use them for as I hardly knit cardis or such, but I love to look at them, touch them (and buy them!) nonetheless. The ones you got are amazingly pretty - any plans already what you're going to use them for?

1:33 PM  
Anonymous JIll said...

I expect you are glad to finish that cardigan - what's next? Did you make the dress? It is so sweet and unlike anything I have seen in the shops.

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home