Sunday, June 04, 2006

Holiday knitting

While in Dorset I managed quite a lot of knitting. Other than my mystery stripes, which are coming on well, I finished Birch, and as most people photograph the shawl against vegetation, here it is:



and in close-up:

I also started and have nearly finished Lara. The Debbie Bliss alpaca silk is lovely to knit with although it has a tendency to do this:

seemingly unravelling at random. I think it is because the yarn is so slippery, which is why it is great to knit with, but it tends to unravel in chunks! Here is Lara so far - I just have part of the second sleeve and the making up to do. I have absolutely no idea whether it is going to fit, though, as it is all knitted in one piece and checking size is rather difficult. At the moment it looks like this:

I might try something in the DK weight alpaca silk too, although I don't know how well the fabric will wear as the yarn is so soft.

It is back to reality and back to school tomorrow, although I am very excited about going to Stash Yarns next week! The shop opens on the 6th and we are knitting there on the 7th! And, even more exciting, I am going to a special preview tomorrow! How lucky is that?!

But until then, here is a photo of my three and a friend in Lyme Regis - it is good to pretend to be a mermaid sometimes...

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

The Birch came out great! Also like your Alpaca silk sweater. Maybe we can borrow it for the display. Your huge needles look great in the window by the way! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home