Monday, June 05, 2006

Stash enhancement

Today my Putney knitting group had a special preview of Stash Yarns, the new store that opens tomorrow on the Upper Richmond Road in Putney. Wow!
Here are Linda, Mary and Lesley, fondling the yarn (doesn't the store look great?)



and here's Jill, hanging out by the Colinette and Brown Sheep, browsing through some pattern books


And, yes, I succumbed. I absolutely could not resist (as Clarice Bean would say) this gorgeous, utterly divine, delectable, mouthwatering hank of Handmaiden silk:


And nor could I resist some Koigu (and how lovely it was to see this in the flesh where the colours come to life and you know exactly what you are getting - always much harder on the internet):


And then, somehow, this gorgeous alpaca slipped into my bag too


to knit this (on Jill's recommendation!):

And a few other patterns and gadgets, including a Kacha-kacha counter


I feel slightly alarmed at the prospect of visiting every week as we will now be knitting in the shop instead of in the cafe we have been using. But, the store has a fantastic selection of yarn and will be a great place to hang out too. Michelle and Nathalie have done a great job - if you are in London, check it out!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Dipsy D. said...

Wow, such great yarn that you bought - no one can blame you for not being able to resist, these skeins are all so gorgeous! I think I love the Handmaiden one best, but all are great! And I can't wait to see your first progress pics of the Seville Jacket, it looks so awesome on the photo and I can imagine it so well in that pretty color that you chose!

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Jill said...

I think you were very restrained, given the temptations on offer! Like Aladdin#s cave.....

5:35 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I can't wait to see the jacket knit up in that lovely alpaca! It is so soft!! See you Wednesday.

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Mary B said...

The jacket pattern is absolutely gorgeous. Let me know if it is easy, I am very tempted. It will look great in red!

11:59 PM  
Anonymous caroline said...

I couldn't make it yesterday but went along today - the grand opening day. Michelle and Nathalie have done a fantastic job it is like a sweet shop all the colours and temptations.

I agree with Jill I think you showed remarkable restraint - but what about tomorrow?!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Louise said...

wow this shop looks fantastic - I am based in North london but will certainly nip down to visit you guys in south... I just have to get my hands on some of that stash.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home