Monday, July 24, 2006

I'm so lucky!

My mum came up to London last Thursday to see Ellen's show at school of Matilda. The show was fantastic - everything a performance at school should be - funny, sweet and entertaining. The children all did a fantastic job and us parents were so proud!

After the show I went into Putney with Mum to Stash Yarns. We took advantage of the air conditioning to hang out for a while with Nathalie and as it is my birthday this week, my mum very kindly bought me 13 balls of this (Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK):


to knit this:

Everyone in the knitting group loves this pattern and I know that Jill has done the back and sleeves of hers already! We all love the cable detail on the back and fronts. It really is lovely. I reckon this will be my holiday knitting! Mum also generously bought me this book, which I have wanted for ages:


Aren't I lucky! Mum didn't buy anything for herself, although she thought the shop was fabulous - a real antidote to all the wool shop closures that have been happening in Oxford, where she lives.

These needles also arrived from the States. I have taken my passion for coloured metal needles a step further and bought these beauties on ebay - aren't they pretty? I am looking forward to using them! I just love the colours!


School finally breaks up tomorrow and I shall be relieved that the children can have a rest - they are all so tired! I am looking forward to the long holiday and just being able to go to the park and do things in London together.

6 Comments:

Anonymous dawn said...

What wonderful presents! I've not yet seen Jill's knitted cardigan, but I love this design.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the yarn, and that pattern is gorgeous - where is it from?

Expect a little something heading your way in the very near future...

Your Secret Pal!

9:33 PM  
Blogger caroline said...

oh what a fantastic mother! I haven't been to knitting group because of other commitments but am so please to see the wool you have chosen for the pattern - maybe by the next time I get to the group you will have finished it (not wearing it if it continues to be this hot).

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Jill said...

That is a gorgeous red - I have about half a front to do. Can I add a word of warning - when you are doing the cable bits it looks WRONG while you are doing it (at least it did to me) - I had mine undone twice, and then thought the pattern was wrong, but it isn't, it looks right when you have finished all thirty rows.......

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Linda said...

What lovely presents. I love the colour you've chosen for your cardi, bet you can't wait to get it onto those needles! See you soon.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Poshyarns said...

That is such a lovely pattern, is from the new Debbie Bliss book?

Your needles are so lovely and I agree, I too am secretly quite pleased the school holidays have begun, it is nice not to have to rush here and there all the time.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home