Thursday, July 13, 2006

On the crest of a wave

At the Putney knitting group yesterday I was swatching and knitted this rather sweet old shale pattern in cashmere yarn in a lovely forest green (although this is hard to see in the photo). After washing it looks lovely and is so soft! I am planning to make a scarf with it as it is good travel knitting for the summer:



I also took some more mystery stripes, which I knitted a bit of, but cannot really show what I am making as it is a surprise (sorry to tantalise you!).

Fleece Artist had arrived at Stash Yarns since my last visit and I could not resist...


I bought a skein in Hercules (bottom), a beautiful colourway of greens, blues, purples and reds, and a skein in Rainforest (top). It is gorgeous - beautiful colours and lovely soft yarn. I have also had my eye on this book for a while and splashed out on this too (I love patterns like old shale, so am planning a few more things as variations on a theme):

Today, to my delight, a book I have been wanting for a while turned up in the post:

Amazon was unable to supply this, but the Knitting and Crochet Guild came up trumps and delivered very quickly. Now I have some new books, I am planning some new projects but need to finish my mystery knitting first!

1 Comments:

Anonymous dawn said...

the ripple pattern book has nearly jumped into my hands too! Is that the coned dk cashmere? That nearly jumped into my hands as well. The fleece artist did!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home