Sunday, August 13, 2006

Happy holidays - part 2

While we were in Yorkshire, we spent a day at Robin Hood's Bay. This is a very pretty place, with an interesting beach and lovely cobbled streets, but I also had an ulterior motive. Last time we were there, I discovered a wonderful yarn shop, with mostly hand-spun yarn, and I managed another visit there this time. Rosemary was as friendly as ever and I had a lovely browse in her shop, Raw Fibres. I couldn't resist some of her yarn and bought this:


The balls are sock yarn, and then the top hank is this gorgeous Wensleydale, hand-spun and hand-dyed:
The bottom hank is some beautiful silk handspun.

I managed quite a bit of knitting while we were away. The green scarf in feather and fan was my in-car knitting, and it is growing, although I need to finish it in the next week or so, so still have a way to go:


I made some progress on the Debbie Bliss jacket and am nearly at the armholes:

and the baby hooded jacket is coming along, as I am now on the front:

I really didn't want to come home at the end of our week away and the children were sad to leave Oscar too:

It really is a special part of the world and I hope we shall go back there soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger HPNY Knits said...

looks like you all had a lovely time on holiday! I love your WIP and the little sweaters.
foot prints in the sand photo- priceless!
:-)

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home