Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A parcel from the other side of the world

Wales was beautiful. I couldn't believe how fantastic the beaches were, and so empty - we had a great day on Rhossili beach, which is owned by the National Trust - and you can see why. Three miles long, the sand stretches as far as you can see, with hardly another soul around. It even has a shipwreck embedded in the sand for the children to marvel at! It was so different from the south coast, where the beaches are crowded and it can be hard to keep track of the children! This was glorious freedom for the children to run and splash and play - fabulous!



And when we got home, look what the postman brought (Max is as amazed as I was) all the way from Australia:

My fabulous Secret Pal had sent me the most awesome package! Just look at these goodies:

This is the oranges and reds corner: Timtams, chocolate bunnies, some fabulous Vesper sock yarn, which I have read about but never thought I would see in the flesh, and some beautiful variegated yarn. And then we have the purple corner (such wonderful colour choices - thank you, thank you!): Debbie Bliss wool cotton that will be just perfect for a baby project, some absolutely gorgeous cashmere and merino yarn and some beautiful laceweight that is just the right shade of purple for me! And, to cap it all, some delicious biscotti!


Thank you so much for my fabulous presents, Peeve, - I love them all! I managed to figure out who my Secret Pal was before I went to Wales and am really pleased that I know who has sent me all these incredible goodies. So, thank you again, so much!

I had some parcelling up of my own to do once I had done the unpacking and got the washing on (you fellow mums out there will know what I am talking about!). I packed up this little lot for the Lace swap:


and it is now on its way to Canada.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peevish said...

Yay!! I am so glad you like it!!

1:42 AM  
Anonymous carol said...

What a gorgeous beach and virtually empty too. Just my kind of place!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home