Monday, August 14, 2006

Sign me up!

Well, as Secret Pal 8 draws to a close this month, and I thought I might feel slightly lost without a package or two to plan, I have recently signed up for two new exchanges. First is the Whose Lace is it Anyway? swap, which is a quick exchange of a skein of laceweight and a pattern to a fellow lace knitter. I have the name of my spoilee and am planning my package and enjoying the process! My recipient is new to lace knitting so the world is my lobster, as they say!

The second swap I have signed up for is the International Scarf Exchange, which I am very excited about as I love knitting scarves and getting international mail!

I have been enjoying participating in Secret Pal 8 tremendously and have been very happy to spoil my spoilee! Now she has got the package, here is what I sent her a couple of weeks ago:

Yes, it is the mystery stripes, mark 1 and 2 - a slightly adapted version of Little Imp from Rowan's Pipsqueaks book. My secret pal spoilee has twin boys, and as a fellow mother of twins I know how hard it is to knit anything at all when they are little! I'm relieved she likes them!

Yesterday, despite the pouring rain, we visited Live Crafts at Loseley Park, where I succumbed to this sock yarn

I am planning a baby cardigan with the blue cotton Regia and have been thinking about Tiger socks for ages, so finally succumbed to a ball. Tess was there with her bunnies, who were cute and fluffy and much admired by the children. It was so wet, I didn't manage any pictures, but check out Nic's blog for bunnies galore!

2 Comments:

Anonymous dawn said...

The scarf swap is fun, just keep your fingers crossed that you don't get a pal who wants a very very long scarf in fine yarn!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Poshyarns said...

The little twin sweaters are adorable. I don't have that book but may have to go shopping for it now.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home