Thursday, August 31, 2006

That's neat, that's neat!

When Lily saw the yarn Kellie sent me , she picked up the variegated yarn in the bag and said "tiger wool!" and she is right! Funny how it takes a five-year-old to see these things!

Kellie has told me a bit more about this yarn - she commissioned it specially for me from Yarnivorous and it is sock yarn that should knit up in tiger stripes! I am so touched that Kellie thought of this and went to so much trouble - what a wonderful secret pal!

I am itching to start some socks with it so that I can have tiger feet, but I have couple of projects (for friends who are having babies) I need to do before then (not to mention finishing some of the things I have on the needles!).

But I have at least finished one project - the cashmere scarf is done and it is now on its way to my secret pal spoilee! I hope she likes it! The car journey to Wales and back was a big help in terms of knitting time!

3 Comments:

Anonymous dawn said...

Lovely scarf, just in time for the cooler weather.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Jill said...

That's a really great scarf - having seen it in the flesh! - but you must be glad to have it finished so you can move on to other things......

11:34 AM  
Blogger Nickerjac said...

The scarf looks beautiful, the reciever is a very lucky person

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home