Monday, September 04, 2006

Getting back to the routine

The children go back to school on Wednesday and so we are gearing up for that. I feel very relieved that I bought school shoes and new uniform and sewed in all the labels at the beginning of the holidays and am not rushing around doing it now! I left it until the last minute last year and regretted it as the shoe shops were a mad frenzy of parents trying to kit out their children for the start of the new term!

Edward and Lily had their first group swimming lesson today, which went well, so that is now part of our Monday routine. Because I have been painting and doing other household chores, my ironing pile has built up rather, so I plan to blitz it tomorrow and when the children are back at school to clear the decks a bit. Here it is in all its glory (groan!):



But last night I decided the ironing could wait and found time for a bit of knitting and finished this quick little baby bolero from Leigh Radford's One Skein, which I will give to Edward and Lily's old nursery teacher, as she goes off on maternity leave at the end of this week. She thinks she is having a girl, so I knitted it in this lovely colour called Orchid in Blue Sky Alpacas' beautiful organic cotton yarn:

I am also planning to cast on for another poncho as a birthday present for one of Lily's friends - she is going to her party on Sunday, so it is doable. And I also want to knit something for my mum's 70th birthday next month, so need to get going on that. I am so tempted to cast on for something else new, but want to do these two projects and complete some things on the needles before I do. That tiger sock yarn from Kellie is calling me, though, and I am having a hard time resisting! Help!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Jill said...

Does that mean you will be at Stash on Wednesday? Hope so! I want to do another one of those boleros, Dawn very sensibly managed to do the body all in one piece, up to the armholes, and picked up the sleeves and knitted down, this eliminated (in my case) the rather bulky seams. I am going to try one that way.......

10:27 PM  
Anonymous dawn said...

It's gorgeous isn't it?
We have chris's dad's 80th next month, and I can only think of socks...

11:36 AM  
Anonymous carol said...

Your pilr or ironing looks very much like mine. Yep back to the routine it is!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home