Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Lace swap parcel!

Today I got the most fantastic surprise when this arrived:


Yes, it was my Lace Swap parcel! And just look at all the knitterly goodies that were inside!

Brooke had put so much thought into this package that I feel very spoiled and lucky! In a lovely card explaining the package, she told me all about the contents of my special parcel! She sent me some gorgeous Cherry Tree Hill yarn (below, on the right) in beautiful colours and the pattern for the Possum Lace shawl to go with it. And she also sent some lovely Shetland yarn with some more patterns from Interweave Knits, which are just lovely.


But her thoughtfulness did not end there - she also sent some cute notions in a purple box (my favourite colour!), including everything a lace knitter might need, such as markers for the pattern, bead markers for your lace knitting, a row counter and needles and blocking pins. She also sent some candies (and said the tins make great notions holders when they are empty!) and the most delicious chocolate-covered fruit by Dilettante - I took these to the office today as it was press day and we always get a bit stressed out, and we all agreed how amazingly delicious they were - thank you so much Brooke!


I have been working long days the past couple of days and have my interview tomorrow so we'll see how it goes! I am looking forward to it being over and to finding out more about the job as I don't know whether it will be possible in terms of childcare. I'll be glad to have a better idea about things tomorrow.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Linda said...

I'm wishing you luck for your interview today Ingrid! You were missed yesdterday at the knitting group, but hope to see you next week.

7:55 AM  
Blogger kris said...

wow, awesome package, can't wait to see what you'll create with it! good luck on your interview, i'm sure it'll be great!

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Jill said...

Hope all went went with interview, see you next week. A lovely parcel for you, so glad you got something really good!

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Nathalie said...

I know I should gush about all the knitting related stuff but those Icebreakers... aren't they just amazing! I brought some back from the US and LOVE them. Good luck with the interview!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home