Thursday, September 21, 2006

No news is ... no news

A week on from the interview last Thursday and I haven't yet heard. I know that someone who was involved in the decision was away this week, so either that accounts for the delay or the job has gone to someone else. We'll see. The night after the interview I had lots of anxiety dreams about working full time, and I am unsure as to whether it is the best move for the family. Although full-time work has been preoccupying me I have also been offered more work where I freelance and have been working two and a half days a week there and also doing a few other bits and pieces. So, work seems to have rather taken over the past couple of weeks.

Despite the work increase, I have managed a bit of knitting. My friend Natalie who I knitted the baby hooded jacket for was induced because of cholestasis on Tuesday and I managed to rustle up this baby bolero just in time for baby Jack's arrival:


Mother and baby are home now and doing fine and Natalie was really pleased with her knitted gifts!

Last Saturday Edward had a party to go to and so the poncho factory worked hard to produce this little variation on the theme, this time knitted in Rowan Big Wool with a Colinette fringe:


And I have started this, which is for a friend's 40th birthday (tomorrow - gulp!) which I am planning to work on tonight, although, realistically, I don't think I am going to get it done in time (although I have got a couple of videos out of the library to knit to!). It is the pattern for the scarf in the Debbie Bliss silk book, slightly adapted so that it is wider and knitted in the handspun silk I bought on holiday in Scarborough.



In between family commitments and work I have really missed going to the knitting group at Stash, and hope that I will be able to get there soon. I was suffering from withdrawal symptoms so managed a brief trip there on Saturday with Ellen after her swimming lesson, and was delighted to see Nic, Jill, Michelle and Nathalie. Nic is dyeing some yarn for me, which I am very excited about, and I am really looking forward to seeing it and starting my planned project for the International Scarf Exchange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home