Friday, September 22, 2006

Richard Of York Gained Battle In Vain

It has been raining all day, but it was worth it for this:

I was trying to teach the children the saying Richard of York Gained Battle in Vain, which describes the order of the colours in the rainbow (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet) but I need to make up a more meaningful mnemonic. Still, rainbows over south-west London are pretty special!

Some progress on the silk scarf, but it is not finished yet. I want to get on with it tonight because I am going to pick up the yarn Nic dyed for me tomorrow - check it out on her blog! Gorgeous!

3 Comments:

Blogger kris said...

I learned the rainbow colors by using "Roy G. Biv". For some reason, that name just stuck with me, never forgot it.

8:51 PM  
Blogger caroline said...

That is a lovely photo - I have tried taking photos of rainbows but they never come out.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Carol said...

Yes the order of the colours are hard to remember, lovely photo tho. My rainbow photos never seem to come out.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home