Monday, October 16, 2006

A very knitty weekend - part 1

This weekend was the Knitting and Stitching Show here in London. Fellow blogger Hila was over here for the show and on Saturday night I met up with her at I Knit in Vauxhall. I haven't been to this store before (it has been open six weeks) but I was keen to see what it was like, particularly as the opening hours extend well into the evening (very good for us mums!). The shop was small but had some interesting yarns, including some handspun by Woolly Wormhead.


The range of needles is good, and includes Lantern Moon, and those huge needles from Wool 'n' Boats (which I used to teach knitting at my children's school):


Gerard, one of the owners, was there, and Hila and I got talking with him and decided to knit a couple of squares for his Water Aid Knit a River project while we were there (there is a huge basket of blue wool for just this purpose in the shop). Here is my rather wonky pre-blocked square:

Once we had done our squares and chatted with Gerard for a while Hila and I headed off to Tas at Waterloo for a delicious meal of meze:

It was so great to meet a fellow blogger - we had only known each other through commenting on each other's blogs before now, and it made me realise what an amazing world opens up to you as a blogger. It was great to meet you, Hila - hope you had a good journey back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home