Monday, October 16, 2006

A very knitty weekend - part 2

I was lucky enough to go to the Knitting and Stitching Show with Michelle on Sunday. I haven't been for several years but this year I craftily did a trade with my husband - he went to a drumming show a few weeks ago and so I got to go to this! As we entered Ally Pally, we were greeted by this, the knitted Ferrari by Lauren Porter (so cool!):

We had a great day looking at the stalls and yes, I did buy some yarn - a few hanks of Cherry Tree Hill supersock (which I always find irresistible) and some Touch yarns and also a lovely skein of handspun silk. I haven't photographed my purchases because I plan to give a couple of things to my Secret Pal. Michelle and I also went to a talk by Lucy Neatby and I learned a new technique for casting off and also a bit more about different methods for casting on and how this can influence the structure of the knitted fabric. It was quite interesting (as Stephen Fry would say) but some of the talk was a bit basic. I had a great day looking at all the stalls and it was fun to go with a fellow knitter - a real treat for someone who hasn't been to the show for a while!

Once I got back from the show I had a bit of a knitting frenzy and finished the sleeves to my mum's cardigan really late last night. To my amazement, after a day spent finishing the garment, carefully sewing up the seams (which always takes longer than you think!) and blocking it, I finally completed this:

Yes, my mum will get her birthday present on time! I am so pleased! I got these gorgeous beaded buttons at the show for the cardigan

and they look just perfect on the finished garment:

So, happy birthday mum and on now to finish my international scarf exchange knitting!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jill said...

Happy Birthday Mum! Very glad you managed to get it done in time - those buttons are so beautiful, they look good enough to eat.....and you wer SO restrained at AP.....

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Linda said...

Congrats Ingrid, your Mum's cardi looks wonderful - she will be thrilled! Loved the juicy buttons.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

The buttons look fab!!!

9:21 AM  
Anonymous lesley said...

Gorgeous cardi, hope your Mum loves it.

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home