Monday, October 23, 2006

Wet, wet, wet

It seems to have been raining all month and this weekend was more of the same. On Saturday, after I took the children swimming, we just pottered about at home which meant that I at last was able to finish the scarf for ISE3:




I am really pleased with how this has turned out. I love the gradations of colour and the evenness of the patches of chocolate and turquoise. I decided that it needed a fringe to finish it off and so added a simple beaded fringe, with copper-coloured beads:




At first I thought this might be overkill but I think it finishes off the piece and ties everything together. I really hope my pal likes it!

I persuaded the children to come to the post office in the rain to get the scarf in the mail in the hope of meeting the 1 November deadline, and I was just saying to them what perfect rainbow weather it was when we saw this:



It has been a good month for rainbows round here!

Now that my two big projects - my mum’s cardigan and this scarf - are finished I am going back to my birthday project, the Debbie Bliss cardigan in cashmerino DK. I really want to get this finished now as the nights are drawing in and I am knitting more. I also want to wear it now that the weather is getting cooler!


We are off to the Cotswolds for a few days to celebrate my mum’s birthday and my sister’s too, which is on Wednesday. I am taking my knitting and hope to get lots done but first I plan to get out the Green and Black chocolate and make a cake to take with us…

6 Comments:

Anonymous dawn said...

the scarf is just gorgeous, I love those colours together, Nic did a great job, didn't she? You ISE pal will be pleased.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Congrats on finishing the scarf, it looks great. Have fun with your mom.

7:59 PM  
Blogger HPNY Knits said...

Ingrid, your pal is ever so lucky!!! its gorgeous and the beaded fringe is perfect!!! wow.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Oh my gosh it's the most gorgeous scarf I own! The beads are the perfect touch and it's going to look wonderful with my coat. I'll get pictures as soon as hubby is awake and the sun is up a bit. The rest of the package was amazing too. I've never tried fleece artist yarn so I'm looking forward to some socks from that. The little cookbooks are charming and I'm quite the cookbook addict so I'll really enjoy them. Thank you so much!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

That scarf is absolutely beautiful. Great colours, great pattern. Beautiful.

9:51 PM  
Anonymous susan said...

The scarf you knit for your ISE3 pal is nothing short of amazing. Wonderful.

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home