Last night I finished the poncho for Lily to give to her friend today and I was pleased with how it came out. I knitted it using Rowan Big Wool, but had rather less than two balls so supplemented it with a bit of Colinette Chicago which I also used for the fringe. I think it is rather pretty:
And then I carried on with the 'Heartbreakingly cute baby kimono' from Mason-Dixon. I had a bit of a panic this afternoon as I thought I was going to run out of yarn, largely because I had amended the pattern slightly, knitting the back higher before breaking it for the fronts and making the sleeves slightly wider, as recommended by Jill and Dawn, which meant that I was using more yarn than anticipated from the original pattern. I had to keep on knitting until I found out whether I had enough yarn, and just had enough to finish it. And here it is:
I am really pleased with how this worked out and love the pattern, particularly the minimal sewing up!
It is now in the post to its intended wearer, so I hope it fits!