Friday, November 24, 2006

Busy, busy, busy!

I have been really busy, but in a good way!

On Sunday Kris, who I sent gifts to for secret pal 8, came to stay for a couple of nights. It was so great to meet her and to get to know her properly. She had come to London from Munich to do some Christmas shopping and shopping for her boys' birthday. While she was here, we went to Stash where we had a lovely morning and Kris enjoyed choosing some yarns to take back to Germany with her:



She also helped me a bit with my blog, putting some more links on, which was great! Now it seems easier to do and I won't be so daunted! I really enjoyed having her to stay and getting to know her in person rather than just through emails!

School stuff has been busy lately too - three costumes for the school plays to get together last weekend and now I am trying to organise the nails and temporary tattoos stall! But when not working or doing school admin I have also been knitting. The alpaca obsession is still with me and I have finished another couple of scarves, one brown and one in eggplant:

I just love their frilly ends!

So, five down, several to go (every time someone sees one they want one, so it is all getting a bit out of hand!). This weekend, I need to finish a poncho that is going to one of Lily's friends for her birthday tomorrow, and I want to finish this:

which is the baby kimono from Mason-Dixon Knitting in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted, Mixed Berries colourway, which I am knitting for my stepsister-in-law who has just had her second child, a little girl!

If only there were a couple more days in the week, to get everything done!

1 Comments:

Blogger HPNY Knits said...

those scarves look so deliciously soft! I love the colors of the LL, definitely berries!
you are a great English hostess! yarn friend are the best...
:-)

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home