Saturday, November 11, 2006

Diversionary tactics

To my relief, I finally got through most of my work (for the moment) today and will definitely be able to meet my Monday deadline. To celebrate, I took the evening off and made this pincushion as an entry to Alex's competition:



It is just made with felt (although the geometry was a bit of a challenge) and I hand-sewed the pieces together and stuffed it with a mixture of sawdust and lavender, so it smells heavenly!

And, I confess, there was some knitting late last night and tonight, when I finished this scarf knitted to a free pattern and made with one skein of Misti Alpaca chunky:

Jill was knitting this on Wednesday at Stash and I've seen it on Dawn's blog too so, not wanting to feel left out, I thought I'd get in on the action! In fact, I'm quite taken with the yarn and the pattern and feel some Christmas presents coming on...

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Hmm my bloglines didn't pick up your last two posts yet. Love the little pincushion!

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home