Saturday, November 25, 2006

On schedule

Last night I finished the poncho for Lily to give to her friend today and I was pleased with how it came out. I knitted it using Rowan Big Wool, but had rather less than two balls so supplemented it with a bit of Colinette Chicago which I also used for the fringe. I think it is rather pretty:


And then I carried on with the 'Heartbreakingly cute baby kimono' from Mason-Dixon. I had a bit of a panic this afternoon as I thought I was going to run out of yarn, largely because I had amended the pattern slightly, knitting the back higher before breaking it for the fronts and making the sleeves slightly wider, as recommended by Jill and Dawn, which meant that I was using more yarn than anticipated from the original pattern. I had to keep on knitting until I found out whether I had enough yarn, and just had enough to finish it. And here it is:


I am really pleased with how this worked out and love the pattern, particularly the minimal sewing up!

It is now in the post to its intended wearer, so I hope it fits!

3 Comments:

Blogger kris said...

Both of those are so cute! I love that little kimono, you'll have to let me know the alterations you made so I can make one too! I am constantly amazed with how much knitting you get done in addition to taking care of your kids AND working SEVERAL JOBS!!! :)

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Linda said...

Beautiful knits Ingrid, what lucky children! See you soon.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous dawn said...

Lovely Kimono! I can't quite believe that you knit ponchos for parties!
I'll be at Stash tomorrow (sigh, another day off) so maybe see you there?

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home