Monday, December 11, 2006

Catching up...

Many apologies for the lack of blogging here. Apart from the inevitable piles of work, ironing, etc, I have been busy with other things too! Last Monday evening I went to a talk given by Debbie Bliss at Stash about her career to date:


It was very interesting hearing about her designs and her yarns. She brought along a huge selection of garments from her recent books and we all had great fun trying them on. Here's the chaos at the end of a fab evening:



On Wednesday we had a lovely Christmas party for the knitting group at Stash,

and Lesley made everyone these pretty flowers (here are mine, in my favourite colours!):

Michelle also organised a secret santa, which I have never done before, and just look at the amazing yarn I was given by the generous and talented Nic:

I still can't quite get over Nic's generosity (although she says it was under budget!), all beautifully dyed by her in these pretty colours of pinks and greens. Gorgeous! I feel incredibly lucky!

On Thursday it was Ellen's big production of The Snow Queen, which she has been working on at school for weeks:

They did an evening show and it was a late night for everyone, so we have had some tired children here!

This week, I have a heap of work to get through - a 400-page book which I need to get done before Christmas, not to mention other work too! Help!

5 Comments:

Blogger HPNY Knits said...

sounds like a lovely holiday season! what a lucky bean you are, to have Nic as your secret Santa!!
:-)

1:37 PM  
Anonymous dawn said...

Lovely presents you've got there. This month is so busy isn't it? Have you finished all of your Christmas preparations as well?

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money now

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Jill said...

You were missed this morning......we were still eating up the mince pies etc. from last week!

You will have fun finding a pattern to use for Nic's lovely yarn.

9:25 PM  
Blogger margaret said...

Is there a pattern for those flowers? They are so lovely!
And doesn't Ellen look sweet...

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home