Monday, December 04, 2006

The icing on the cake

It has been a bit hectic around here lately. I have been busy making cakes for the Year 1 cake sale at school (pink, naturally):

We managed to raise £230 for Edward and Lily's classes, which was fantastic, and the children will really benefit from the equipment the teachers will be able to buy! And we had four performances of the nativity play last week, where Edward was a star (back left):

I can hardly believe that this year will be the last year I have a nativity play to go to - they move on to different things next year as the nativity is reserved for Nursery, Reception and Year 1 children. It feels like the end of an era in their childhood. Edward and Lily did really well, and I felt very proud (and teary too!).

Work is still monopolising my time, but I have managed a bit of knitting - the wristers craze that has been going around the knitting group at Stash has hit me too. These are knitted to Fetching (I saw Michelle's and wanted some too!), from Knitty, and I am pleased with how they have turned out - they are cute!

And today a surprise came - my long-awaited scarf exchange parcel arrived - yippee! I knew it was on its way, and, as Lain said, it was worth waiting for. Inside the parcel, as well as this lovely velvety scarf:

were all these goodies, including some Knit Picks yarn! Lucky, lucky me! Lain very generously sent me some Knit Picks Shadow and some sock yarn, the latest Vogue Knit Simple and a cute notebook, some gum and a sweet washcloth. Thank you, Lain!

And now back to work ...

3 Comments:

Blogger margaret said...

"a little bit hectic" -- that's for sure! You are not only busy-busy but so productive! Every time I look at your blog, my fingers itch to knit. Gotta find those needles -- those frilly-ended scarves look like just the thing....

8:46 AM  
Blogger felinity said...

Hello! I met you last night at Debbie's talk, I was the 'new girl' sat next to you. I hope you enjoyed it, I've come away itching to make some of the garments she showed us (I also came away with some madly expensive but utterly gorgeous Koigu sock yarn -- very dangerous to be let loose in that shop!).

It was really nice to meet you all.

11:11 AM  
Blogger HPNY Knits said...

the kids are so into it it, its wonderful! thats the fun of the holidays, to watch the kids enjoy it, still unspoiled.
:-) even if it means hectic.
:-)

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home