Thursday, December 21, 2006

On the home run

Well, after reading it for most of my waking hours (and some of the ones I usually spend sleeping!) when I am not with the children or in the office, I finally finished the preliminary read-through on the book I am working on:


Now I need to wait for the authors to get back to me with the answers to my queries and for the editors' proofs to arrive...


So, in the meantime, I have been making some Christmas preparations. Paul bought the tree and the children had free rein to decorate it:


A lot of the decorations are ones they have made over the years, including the star at the top and the Hama bead decorations, which kept them busy last Christmas holidays! I even bought a wreath for the door:


Depressingly, it is so dark that my flash goes off even in the middle of the day! Still we are at the shortest day today and I feel so relieved - these dark mornings really get to me after a while. I have even squeezed in some knitting - and finished yet another alpaca scarf last night - 6 have already been given to their recipients (mostly the children's teachers, who all loved them!).

I have also been thinking about upcoming birthdays and planning ahead. It is Ellen's in January so I have been swatching, thinking about what to make with the lovely yarn Nic gave me:



I want to make a simple cardigan so might just go for it! Do you reckon I have time? And then Paul's birthday is in February and he has been asking for another sweater, and I saw Beau from Rowan Vintage Knits on Elli's blog and thought what a lovely pattern it is:

and found the yarn on ebay, so, in a fit of enthusiasm, am planning to knit it for Paul in this pretty colour, called Hero

As if all this wasn't enough, my copy of this arrived today:

and I am excited about planning a project in the Knit Picks yarn I just got from my Secret Pal! Victorian Lace Today wasn't the only exciting post I got today. This arrived from Alex. Do you remember the pincushion I made? Well, I entered her competition in the first issue of Proud to be Crafty and won! I got some lovely goodies: some Peace Fleece buttons, which are really pretty, with little stars on, and some stitch markers, a pen with a pen topper and a great stripey scrapbook. And, my copy of PtbC was in the package too! It has quite made my day!


3 Comments:

Blogger HPNY Knits said...

i'll take the guy thank you very much... oh, yes that will be a lovely blue for it too!
:-)

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Jill said...

So pleased the Book is finished, and that you have managed to have some Christmas fun with the children, and manaed to squeeze in a bit of knitting too! I do like Xmas trees like yours - my DIL has themed trees (which the children aren't allowed to touch) they have one in the top landing they can decorate.....

9:34 AM  
Anonymous dawn said...

So much to play with! (not including the children's toys). Lovely tree and I love the children's decorations. Much better than the one here in the office!

Happy Christmas, see you in the new year!

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home