Sunday, December 31, 2006

So, farewell, 2006

We had a good Christmas but I think the children missed being at home as we drove to my mum's on Christmas morning for a couple of days after spending Christmas Eve with my sister and my dad and I feel we did a bit too much rushing around. So, after a busy Christmas period, we are settling down to a quiet new year. We have some friends coming over for lunch tomorrow (mostly to play trains with Edward and Paul!) but are staying in tonight as going out on New Year's Eve when you have young children is difficult as babysitters are thin on the ground!

I went to work last week and only managed a bit of knitting, mostly Wristers. Here are two pairs in Malabrigo, in the velvet grapes colourway, which is luscious:


Although I didn't get any knitting-related gifts, Margaret was destashing and thought of me (lucky me!), and I received this wonderful yarn in the post after Christmas: some skeins of long-discontinued Rowan Grainy Silk in a lovely dusky pink colour and some Fox Tweed in an oatmeal colour

Thank you so much, Margaret - I haven't decided what to make yet but have lots of plans going through my head.

And Kris had been kind enough to offer to get me some yarn from Knit Picks as she is in Hawaii for Christmas, and look what I chose: two skeins of laceweight for a scarf or wrap and some alpaca for scarves and the brown and chocolate yarn I plan to make a chevron scarf with - yum!

Before the rain set in this afternoon we took the children to the playground for some much- needed fresh air - I have been feeling a bit cooped up and decided it was high time to blow away those cobwebs. Here are Edward and Lily at the top of the spider's-web climbing frame:


Now, another year beckons and I have been thinking about resolutions. I have not finalised what I plan to do, but I have been very inspired by Lain's recent writings on the subject of simplifying, which was something I was moving towards before we had children. Now is always a good time to take stock and plan for the year ahead and that is exactly what I intend to do. I will keep you posted!

Have a great new year celebration everyone, and see you in 2007!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Bobbi said...

Happy New Year!

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home