Thursday, January 18, 2007

Any colour you like

Yesterday members of our Putney knitting group had a dyeing workshop with Nic. Mary very kindly hosted the workshop in her kitchen - and we just needed food colouring, plastic sheeting, loads of cling film and a microwave:

Nic explained to us all how to do it and provided some undyed sock yarn for us to experiment with and then we set to work with the food colouring:

Everyone in the group has very particular colour preferences and we were all hoping to achieve our desired colours. The results were amazing. Here are (L to R) Mary's incredible rainbow and mermaid skeins, Jill's beautiful pink and green ones and my wine-coloured ones:

We were all thrilled with the end results and I think I may be on to a new thing! Here we all are in Mary's kitchen proudly holding our skeins! The colours are stunning - look at Felicia's sunset skeins and Linda's mossy green ones! Lesley (on the left) and I have very similar colour preferences - can you tell?

It was a fantastically inspiring morning and I feel very motivated to go on and do more! Here is my end result (which went to work with me yesterday afternoon and dripped dry in the office!), all dry and soon to be wound into balls to knit!

5 Comments:

Anonymous dawn said...

It's fun, isn't it? Bet you go out and buy all the food colourants you can now!

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Wibbo said...

Looks as though you all had great fun!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Nickerjac said...

Glad you enjoyed it x

3:09 PM  
Blogger kris said...

oooooh, you'll have to teach me how!!! what yarn did you use?

10:10 PM  
Blogger HPNY Knits said...

I so wish I could be there! it looks like it was so much fun, and taught by Nic herself!
what will you make with your yarn?

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home