Sunday, January 07, 2007

You say you want a resolution...

At long last I have found time to post my resolutions along with a bit of knitting I did over Christmas and new year. I have been bogged down in The Book again and am now in the final stages of collating the editors' corrections with my own and tidying up all the loose ends - I'm hoping to finish it tomorrow.

My aspirations for 2007 are simple really. The house constantly exhausts me and I find the endless tidying and chores incredibly wearing on top of work and everything else. Three children seem to make an incredible mess and I find it very frustrating having to tidy up endlessly with no real result.

I believe that one way to improve things would be to declutter. In itself this is a huge task, so I figure that it needs to be done in stages - baby steps. Although I have known about and followed FlyLady half-heartedly for a while, I have not been doing it assiduously so I figure that this year I will. Let's hope it achieves the results I crave. I specifically want to declutter the kitchen and have a serious cookbook cull!

I saw a friend of mine yesterday who is going to South Africa next month and is taking some clothes for children and babies so I also plan to look out some things for her to take that my children have grown out of. We have so much and others have so little and I would really like the children to appreciate that, particularly after the excesses of Christmas, but I know it is not something that they will necessarily understand at this stage in life.

I also want to finish some things I started knitting last year that have fallen by the wayside as I got distracted by other things (mostly gifts for people!) - namely,
1. The Debbie Bliss ribbed cabled cardigan (I wanted to get this done for Christmas but was knitting so many presents that my knitting for myself was put aside!).
2. The bolero I started when Stash opened.
I also want to knit some lace, specifically the Wings o the Moth shawl and Kiri.

Over Christmas and the new year I made a couple of extra small gifts:



Fetching again in Malabrigo for someone at work who suffers from cold hands and liked my pair; and a scarf adapted from the Misti Alpaca scarf pattern, this time in Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk aran and without the frill as it was a gift for a man:

My knitting is not quite on the same scale as my Aunt Adelaide's, who every year knits all the children something for Christmas. The number of her great nieces and nephews is now in the teens but every year we still get some lovely Christmas knitting! Here are my three wearing this year's gifts (with Max in on the photo too!):

2 Comments:

Anonymous dawn said...

January's an ideal month to declutter and sort oneself out after the madness of Christmas. I'm still reeling, and there were no children or family to worry about! Good luck with Flylady, that's a fearsome site!
Love Aunt's Christmas knitting, she must start very early (and look how serious the children are!)

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Jill said...

I have been trying to de-clutter over the last two years, have sorted out books/clothes etc, and various bits and pieces we do not want, but husband is always going to car-boot sales and fills up the house again.....

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home