Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Change of plans

Last week I taught a couple of friends how to dye yarn using food colouring, as taught to me by the inspirational Nic. We used undyed Trekking sock yarn from Get Knitted and the results were very pleasing. This is my hank, which is so pretty!



I am really pleased with how this turned out and cannot wait to see how it knits up! I have also checked out the new Magknits and this pattern (Very Berry T-shirt) caught my eye:

I am very taken with the design and thought it would look great in this yarn that Nic dyed for me at Christmas:

If you remember, I was originally knitting a cardigan for Ellen but she was being so difficult at that time that I just couldn't enjoy knitting for her and abandoned it! Things are going a bit better now and so last night I ripped out the nearly finished back and have decided to make this top for her instead. And I have not abandoned Breakfast at Tiffany's - I finished the back last night and plan to start one of the fronts tonight! So, we are making progress!

2 Comments:

Anonymous dawn said...

I must get on with some dyeing as well, it's addictive, and your yarn looks great. As if we don't have enough beautifully dyed shop bought yarn!

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Brigid said...

It'll be interesting to see how the sock yarn knits up.Like Dawn, I'm tempted to try for myself but am aware of the huge stock of sock yarn that I already have...

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home