Friday, March 09, 2007

On the school run

A big part of my days is the school run. Even when I am working in the office I still take the children to school in the morning, and pick them up most days too. The urban landscape around where I live has touches of real beauty and this time of year everything is blossoming. On the school run at the moment I walk past these beautiful flowers each day, and each day they brighten my mood. Magnolias are so perfect:

And the camellias are equally pretty:


It makes the endless walking to and from school interesting and even cheering!

One thing I hadn't bargained on is quite how addictive this pattern for a T-shirt for Ellen is:

I am really enjoying knitting this and am also loving the way the yarn is coming out. Last time I was knitting with this yarn, I was using two balls at once and this time I am doing it one ball at a time and I much prefer the way the different colours are working out this time round:

Maybe frogging the last piece was the best thing I could have done!

And I have other distractions. Yesterday I got my first parcel from the Rockin' Sock Club, and I just love it. I don't want to spoil anyone's surprise, but here's a taster:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Fiona said...

You were right to frog, the top is looking gorgeous and you're obviously enjoying it - very tempted to make the same for Sarah (after I've finished her cardigan!)
I agree about the magnolias- my street also has a number of them and seeing them at this time of year really lifts the spirits.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Canuck Knits said...

Beautiful pictures! As we here in Ontario, Canada -- still stare out at the ice and snow!! Thanks for sharing!

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Nathalie said...

And Michelle got her STR club kit too! I feel so left out... I will be stalking the postman!

8:00 PM  
Anonymous kris said...

ooooh, I am so jealous - the Rockin' sock club!!! Magnolias are my favorite, they are so pretty!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home