Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ta da!

Ellen was unwell over the weekend and I have kept her off school for a couple of days as she can't shake off a nasty cough. I was sad to miss my knitting group yesterday (especially as I hear Jill brought in cake - Happy Birthday, Jill!) but managed to finish Ellen's T-shirt and persuaded her to pose for a photo:



This was a great knit from Magknits. I changed the neck slightly, as Ellen needed a bigger gap to get the T-shirt on, so I stopped a decrease before the pattern instructed, but other than that followed it pretty much to the letter. I am really delighted with the way this knitted up and can't quite believe the whole thing only took a week from cast-on to finish!

And I was thrilled to find out not only who my secret pal who I will be sending to is but also to get an email from my secret pal! How exciting! My pal has told me quite a bit about herself and I am really looking forward to finding out more about them both as this round progresses.

8 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

It's just gorgeous!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Lovely job on the sweater!

5:30 PM  
Anonymous dawn said...

Great top! You'd better get a few more in whilst the children are still young (and small).

8:14 PM  
Blogger Lu said...

Your Very Berry T-shirt looks great!

4:07 AM  
Blogger HPNY Knits said...

lovely top and a super lovely model!

4:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Very Berry T-shirt looks great. My daughter loves it and wants one too.

10:02 AM  
Blogger lesley said...

ooh, that came out really well. What about something for you, now?

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the top you knitted for your daughter. You certainly succeeded!

Lise (Giulietta)

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home