Monday, March 26, 2007

WIPs

I thought I would post about my current works in progress. These are the ones I am knitting on (although I have a couple that are languishing and waiting to be worked on too - namely my Debbie Bliss cardigan!). First up we have Kate Gilbert's Union Square Market Pullover published in the Fall issue of Interweave Knits 2005, which I have been wanting to knit since it was published but had real problems finding a suitable yarn:


I finally found a source for the yarn actually given in the pattern and can now get going. I have chosen a rich purple with a pink trim and it is lovely to knit up - I even bought myself a Rosewood circular needle from Scottish Fibres to make the knitting more pleasurable. I love ebony needles too but thought the yarn would be difficult to see against black! I haven't got very far yet, as it is very fine yarn and there are nearly 300 stitches per round, but it is very soothing to knit and I like the feel of the yarn when I am working on it - so soft and smooth:


Also in my knitting basket next to the sofa is Breakfast at Tiffany's. The back is done and I am working on a front:


This is quick to knit but the strand of lurex in the yarn keeps catching on my hands (which have been very dry since this new colder weather started after what we all thought was the beginning of spring!) and I needed a diversion - hence the Union Square Market Pullover.

And I have also started a beret using Grumperina's pattern. This has an interesting tubular cast-on, which I have not done before, but is one that gives a very stretchy start. I love this green. This will be a gift for my Secret Pal when it is done:


I have to confess that I also cast on for the scarf for ISE4 and a new ballet cardigan for Ellen too at the weekend - so I have rather a lot going on!

After a very late night on Friday (2.30am) I managed to finish the journal I was editing and this week have a bit of time to sort out the house - it certainly needs it. I want to get everything back in the bathroom and try to deal with the dust that seems to be everywhere after the building work! It is good to have some catching up time before the next lot of work arrives next week! I am still going to the office as usual but I find the work that I do at home somehow takes over. I work in my office in the loft and find that the work hangs over me - both literally and metaphorically. It is great to know there is nothing calling out to be done and I have a few days' grace!

3 Comments:

Blogger HPNY Knits said...

lovely works WIP! I love the purple with a pink trim number! so elegant! with these WIP on the needles, how can anyone concentrate on work?

11:29 AM  
Anonymous kris said...

wow! you have a lot going on! you always amaze me with how much knitting you get done!!! and it all looks very beautiful! i love the criss-cross pooling pattern that's coming out in the breakfast at tiffany's.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Diane said...

And I thought I had a long wip list! I love the colours you chose for your Union Square Pullover, you can never have too much purple ;-)

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home