Thursday, April 12, 2007

Flowers and leaves

What do you do over the Easter holidays when you are trying to entertain four children? (three of my own plus a friend)? Answer: visit Kew (along with the rest of south-west London!). The gardens are busy but there is still space in them and there is plenty to see at this time of year. The rhododendrons are starting to come out, although they have a few weeks to go before they are at their most stunning. This one has come out already and is simply beautiful:


And the formal planting near the Palm House is gorgeous - if only Blogger had smellivision:



I have been doing some knitting and am now on to the sleeves of Breakfast at Tiffany's (back and fronts done). I have also been fretting over what to knit for ISE4 and have ripped out what I originally started. I found it hard to settle on a pattern and yarn but over the Easter weekend finally plumped for this Falling Leaves pattern from Jan Eaton's book 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns in some of Richard's lovely cashmere yarn - in a sort of grainy rich brown:


I am quite pleased with how it is knitting up and have made good progress over the weekend:


We are supposedly off to Bath tomorrow for a few days but Paul has just phoned to say that he may need to go to work tomorrow. I am a bit fed up to say the least, especially as it is our wedding anniversary! Let's hope he can get through what he needs to today. I shall be packing my knitting and hopefully with make some progress on the scarf and Tiffany's in the car and over the weekend! See you when we are back.

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Happy Anniversary! Mine's just a few weeks down the road.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous dawn said...

I hope you managed to get to Bath, and happy anniversary! Your scarf looks good, I've not started mine yet. Another Colourmart customer, he must be extremely busy!

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Jill said...

Happy Anniversary! - love the scarf.....

5:37 PM  
Blogger HPNY Knits said...

hope you are on your way! have a lovely time. the brown cashmere is fab!

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Sabine said...

Happy Anniversary!
Thank you for the pics of Kew. You make me feel homesick for London. The Rhododendron dell is so wonderful early May - if I remember properly.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home