Monday, May 14, 2007

Richmond May Fair

Saturday was the Richmond May Fair, which is always fun for the children. Unfortunately, this year the weather was showery but we decided to go despite the black clouds threatening overhead. In the end, although it rained off and on, the children still thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

There was the miniature steam train, which is there every year, and which Edward absolutely loves:


They all had a go on this amazing bungee trampoline, and Lily even managed a few somersaults while up in the air! Here's Ellen flying through the air:


And there was Lily's favourite ride, the carousel (which I have to admit is my favourite too - I just love the horses!)


Here is Lily in her element:


And the helter-skelter provided a few thrills too!


I didn't have a chance to look in the craft tent, which was a bit disappointing, but this is always the first fair of the season and so there will be other opportunities during the next few months.

On my own craft front, I did manage to finish a few things over the weekend. I have been knitting another beret to Grumperina's pattern, again in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport, in the Flame colourway, and here it is in all its fiery glory:

I just love the nub - I kept knitting until I got that little maroon bit on the end!


And I have finished the Debbie Bliss baby cardigan, which turned out really well, although it was a bit of a pain to sew up:


I also knitted a hat from the leftover yarn I had, which is so cute:


So, I have just posted these off to baby Reuben in Leeds. I think he'll look gorgeous in them!

7 Comments:

Anonymous dawn said...

Those are lovely FOs, I'm nearly tempted to make one of those berets,the colours look great. If that's the DB cardigan from the cashmerino baby book, it's turned out to be the best of the cardigans which I've knitted for the new niece, and has been passed on to a new baby in Germany now.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Jill said...

Such lovely FOs, with super buttons too. And that colour beret - makes you feel warmer just looking at it! I am trying to resist putting on the ch, but think I shall give in soon.....

4:26 PM  
Blogger mindfulknitting said...

Wonderful! Such beautiful FOs. Such a good feeling to have finished some things.
We had (heavy) rain off and on on Saturday too, but it was fine all Sunday and only rained in the evening again.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Mary-Lou said...

I used to love that carousel too when I was little, and the fiery beret is gorgeous (my favourite colurs to knit with)!

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Fiona said...

Well done with your FOs - they look fab! Unfortunately we didn't get to the May Fair as Sarah came down with a temperature and a cold - it does feel like we've gone back a few months ,I've even had to dig out my thick black tights!

9:25 PM  
Blogger HPNY Knits said...

ah! my son would have loved the days you guys had! especially the steam train. what color on the LL! wow. the baby set is so cute.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Nickerjac said...

I love the beret the colours are fantastic, I have just tagged you for a meme but if you don't want to do it I will understand

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home