Monday, May 07, 2007

Spoiled rotten

This weekend has been one taken up with ferrying the children to various parties and friends' houses. We had a bit of a treat on Saturday when both Ellen and Edward were with friends so Paul and I were able to go out with just Lily. It is so rare that we have only one child with us that it is a real treat to be able to give some undivided attention for once. We used the opportunity to go shopping for bunk beds for Edward and Lily and they are both very excited at the prospect! It is the only way to maximise the space in their room and should give them a bit more floor space to play. We took Lily to a cafe for a bit of a special time with us too.

I had a great weekend for parcels! First my package arrived from my ISE4 partner. Inside was this gorgeous scarf:



It is the Tiger's Eye scarf pattern knitted in Knitpicks dye your own yarn, which Michele dyed a rich purple for me. It is perfect and I love it! Thank you so much Michele.

And that was not all! Also in the parcel was this fabulous tiger tape measure (can you see a theme here?!), which I just love - it will be my tape measure of choice from now on! The tail is so cute!


And there was more! Michele sent me this book, which I have been wanting for ages - Nicky Epstein's Knitting Beyond the Edge:


Thank you so much, Michele, for your wonderful generosity - I am so thrilled with everything. You have been a great scarf pal!



And as if that parcel was not enough excitement for one weekend, this arrived from Sabine, my (not so) secret pal


I have been wanting this too and it was a complete surprise when it arrived on Saturday. I have been looking through the patterns and there is a lot of inspiration there! So much choice, so little time... Thank you so much, Sabine. I feel thoroughly spoiled by both of my pals!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Jill said...

About time you got spoilt rotten, you are always knitting for other people.....love the scarf!

5:17 PM  
Anonymous kris said...

I agree with Jill! You got some really great stuff!!!

5:45 PM  
Anonymous dawn said...

Great gifts! What a lovely scarf, and I'd kill for that tape measure!

11:13 PM  
Blogger HPNY Knits said...

ooooh! nice scarf!

1:26 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

Popping out of the blogging woodwork to say:
Your post about spending time with one child reminded me of a friend of mine. She and her husband (stepdad to her kids) would spend time separately so that everyone got special time. She only had two kids, but the idea was sound. They would have "date" nights. One parent with one kid, the other parent with the other kid, switch, and then also one night that was parents' time with a babysitter hanging out with the kids. Their marriage is strong and so is their relationship with the kids.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home