Friday, May 25, 2007

That was the week that was...

This week has gone by in a flash, with seemingly very little time for anything outside work and domestic tasks.

Last weekend we had a family celebration for my dad's 70th birthday and I had to bring pudding:



Yet another chocolate cake, this time with strawberries and blueberries (my dad's favourite). Delicious!

I have unexpectedly had more hours of work this week which has restricted my time available for everything else (although I am not complaining - it is good to be needed!), but I have been determinedly knitting on the scarf for ISE4 and finally finished it today:


I have now washed it and blocked it and it is just drying ready to send to my pal. I was very pleased with how it came out. The cashmere is so soft now that it is washed and I like the simplicity of the leaf lace pattern (rather washed out here because it was so bright, but you can see the lace really well):


I shall be able to send it off before we go away tomorrow for the half-term week. I have gathered together a few other goodies, which I hope she will like. How I love making surprise packages!

The children had an INSET day today so as well as getting together my scarf package, I have managed to get all their school uniforms washed and dried, get half-term haircuts done and vacuum the car ready to pack in the morning. I even got a couple of hours' work done this morning before they got up, reading the books pages for the magazine I work on.

The weather this week has been fantastic although with this coming Monday being a bank holiday, in typical British fashion it is forecast to rain! But this week we have had perfect weather


We are off to Devon and I am so looking forward to going to the seaside. The one thing I haven't managed to do today has been pack but I am sorting out my knitting tonight and plan to take my Knit Picks Options needles which I tried out for the first time today. Julie was fantastic in sending these on to me. I wanted to finish my scarf before I started something new so today I used them for the first time, and I have to say I am impressed. They are certainly very pointy and have a perfect weight in my hands as I knit. The cables seem well designed and don't seem to have much memory, which is good. I have chosen a project (secret for the moment I'm afraid, as Melanie, my secret pal I am spoiling, knows who I am) that will give them a good test run.

As well as my secret project I am taking a baby project, this time the Debbie Bliss jacket from the new Vogue Knitting, which is adorable:


The date for my friend's C-section is 15 June - do you reckon I'll do it on time? I am going to knit this at the same time as Sabine, my pal who is spoiling me for this round of Secret Pal, who also wants to knit it for a friend.

I doubt I'll be able to blog from where we are staying, so have a good week! I will draw for the book and post the winner before we go!

2 Comments:

Blogger HPNY Knits said...

The cashmere scarf is lovely! I bet its like a fluffy cloud. lucky pal!

2:46 AM  
Anonymous Jill said...

Have a good time in Devon - do hope the weather is kind to you!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home