Thursday, June 14, 2007

Agent Zigzag

Not much blogging may have been going on but there has been some knitting. I have started a jumper for our heroic Knitpicks courier (who has a special birthday coming up) and have made fair progress up the back. I am a bit worried about finishing this on time, however - I have only a month to do it and it is a big project (I am knitting a 44" size and have to add on for height too!):


And I have been distracted by other things. Kris, my secret pal from SP8, very kindly ordered this yarn from Knitpicks for me, which her parents brought over to her in Germany, and then she posted them on to me. Even with all the postage they were very reasonably priced!


I am full of ideas for this lovely yarn, but still have not yet decided what to make.

Kris has started a podcast (which is very entertaining - tune in if you get a chance!) and on the podcast blog I saw this. When I saw the Clementine Shawlette by Michele Rose Orne in Interweave Knits I just glanced at it. It didn't really grab me as the picture didn't really do it justice:


But once I had seen Elemm modelling it I couldn't help casting on:


This is a great knit. It is knitted in two halves and then grafted together. I have finished the shaping at the tie end for one half of it and am now motoring along on the body. As you may have gathered I have a thing for chevrons, and this fits the bill perfectly:


I am using Amelia DK weight yarn from Posh Yarn which is lovely to knit with and I just love the way the colours are coming out. I am knitting this for my Rowan Exchange gift - I hope my knittee likes it! Although she says she is unsure about variegated yarns (she says they always look better on the skein than knitted up), I think this will convert her - it is so pretty!

Talking of chevrons, have you seen this in the new knitty? I so want to knit it - for Ellen and Lily. It is so cute. I am quite tempted to make one for me too, but don't think it would be very flattering!

I have been working extra hours, which will continue throughout June, but there are compensations, as I sometimes come home along the towpath, which is always a great cycle (despite the midges!). This photo is a bit gloomy - it was raining on the way home last night - but gives a taste of the tranquillity:

6 Comments:

Anonymous dawn said...

You naughty enabler! I'll have to have another look at IK, your scarf looks so lovely.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Hehehe, glad I could enable someone else to do a Clementine! ;-p

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Fiona said...

The Knitty skirt caught my eye as well. At first I thought for Sarah , but I'm also very tempted for myself....
Love your Clementine shawlette- I've just got some gorgeous Knitwitches DK silk which I might just use for it as my next project to cast on ( though I really must finish something else first!)
Hope to see you soon !

8:48 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

oh wow, the clementine is turning out gorgeous!!! i'm SURE your pal will love it!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Sabine said...

Great scarf and great colors. How can one not like it?
I love the skirt as well. Like you, I was thinking about making one for Melisande and for myself!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Clementine was one of the ones that appealed to me but I'd sort of forgotten about it. Yours is just lovely so far!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home