Friday, July 13, 2007

Allez, allez, allez!

End-of-term events have taken over the past couple of weeks and the girls gave a lovely ballet show. Lily looked adorable, as always (not that I'm biased or anything!), concentrating hard on her steps:



Ellen was elegance itself (I just love those character skirts - they are so pretty!):


The weather has been dodgy, to say the least, resulting in Ellen's sports day being a movable feast. It was finally held yesterday and, despite the ominous black clouds, it didn't actually rain. Ellen competed in the high jump and the 4 x 400m relay, and she did really well, coming second in the high jump (those long legs help), and her team won the relay, which was great.

The one good thing about the dire weather is that there are quite a few of these around:


And there has been a lot of knitting! In between attending all these events and working and the usual daily routine I have been frantically knitting, pressing and sewing up, and finally, this morning at one o'clock, we had Beau:


I found some great buttons, which suit the style well:


I am so pleased I managed to do it in time! Paul has gone off to work with it and is then going to James' birthday party this evening. I am taking the children to another event at school tonight so won't be seeing James, but I really hope he likes it and that it fits! I am very relieved to move on to some other knitting now, as I was a bit fed up with the seemingly endless green tweediness of it, and now plan to carry on with my speed knitting to finish Clementine. I am running late with this (I was supposed to finish knitting it yesterday) so need to get cracking. My aim is to get it in the post before we go to Paris. What do you reckon? I'd better limber up and get going! I also want to finish a baby project by the end of term (Wednesday), but have just had to order some more yarn as I am about to run out - will it arrive in time? Oh, the suspense!

4 Comments:

Blogger Nickerjac said...

Your girls are absolutely gorgeous and that look fo concentration is so cute :)

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Linda said...

Lovely pics of the girls and congrats on Beau, I'm sure James will be delighted. Hope to see you soon.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Fiona said...

So glad you managed to finish Beau - it looks great and I love the buttons. It did make me smile thinking of you finishing it at 1 o'clock in the morning - there have been countless times when I've done likewise (having told my husband much earlier I'll be up to bed in a minute!)

10:33 PM  
Blogger HPNY Knits said...

tweed and gorgeous buttons- a winning combo!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home