Monday, July 30, 2007

Gifts galore

We are now back from Paris, where we climbed the Eiffel Tower:


sat in cafes, savoured the sights, and enjoyed the city tremendously. It is a long time since I have been to Paris and it was such a treat to go back there, and to introduce the children to the city:


Notre Dame was a must (Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame being uppermost in their minds!)

and our visit included climbing to the top of one of the towers and checking out the gargoyles:


I even managed to find this mosaic, which is a real landmark from previous trips:


We walked miles (as you do in Paris) and the children are worn out, but I think they will remember their first visit there and we all thoroughly enjoyed our few days away.

Just before we headed off to Paris I received my final parcel for Secret Pal 10. And what a fantastic package it was! Sabine had sent me the most amazing gifts. First, there was a wonderful assortment of sweets, skincare products and soap, and some lovely handmade stitch markers (not to mention a few water bombs for the children and some other treats which they have secreted in their rooms):


and a great new bookmark (hope it doesn't make Max jealous!)


Sabine had made this lovely heart lavender bag from Interweave Knits (which I have always liked but thought might be very fiddly, so haven't attempted myself!):


And then, the piece de resistance, the Melon stole from Victorian Lace Today. Here is Ellen modelling it:


And here it is in close-up:


and with the postcard of Knut Sabine sent:


Thank you so much Sabine! I absolutely love this wrap - I have loved this pattern since I bought the book and can't quite believe how much time and effort Sabine has put into my final parcel - I am thrilled with everything!

As if all that wasn't enough, Kris sent me this hank of lusciousness for my birthday too:


A skein of Handmaiden seasilk in just the right shade of purple! Thank you so much Kris!!

2 Comments:

Blogger bockstark.knits said...

WOW, what an amazing final package from your SP! And I hope to one day go to Paris with the boys. It will be years before they can appreciate it though. You are very welcome for the yarn. One always needs more yarn!!! :)

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Jill said...

Good to have you back - did you get to Bon Marche? Beautiful stole.....hope I get it to see it in the flesh....

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home