Monday, September 24, 2007

Secret Pal

After a busy weekend I was again hoping to get loads done at home today but, having just spent two hours waiting in the doctors' surgery, I have had a very frustrating start to the day. I was hugely cheered when I got home to find that the postman had brought me a wonderful parcel from my Secret Pal. This is what was inside the envelope:


Ooh, what could it be? When I unwrapped all the goodies, I was thrilled to discover these:


Some wonderful Crabtree and Evelyn bath products in a sweet little handmade bag, a perpetual knitting calendar with a different stitch for each day, and a lovely lavender bag! Thank you so much, Secret Pal!

We may have had a packed weekend but we also had a long car journey so I had some knitting time. I am helping to make a group afghan and frantically knit away on my allotted squares for the lizard ridge afghan from Knitty. Although I don't usually like Noro owing to its unpredictable colourways, it is very effective in this pattern:


and I can see the appeal of the yarn:


Yesterday we visited Tunbridge Wells, and drank the spring water from the famous Chalybeate Spring:


The water is high in calcium and iron so is very good for you, although it does taste very metallic - we all quite liked it, though! The sun was shining on the Pantiles, and it was a lovely place for a day out:


And now back to the chores...

2 Comments:

Blogger bockstark.knits said...

I'm not a huge fan of Noro too, but the Lizard Ridge is just gorgeous!!! And Tunbridge Wells looks like a lovely place to visit!

6:11 PM  
Blogger margaret said...

That'll be a great afghan - love the colour-change effect.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home