Thursday, October 18, 2007

More Ally Pally goodies

Today is the first day I seem to have had to catch my breath and I need to knuckle down to get a journal edited before half-term next week. But before I do, I have realised that I forgot to post a photo of the Habu I bought at Ally Pally. Easily forgotten, as it is squished into the tiniest of parcels, I bought two balls of their lovely hand-dyed cashmere and should have enough for a decent-sized scarf, although it is hard to believe from the tiny balls!


I also ordered the kit for Plisse from Kangaroo, as I have had my eye on this Hanne Falkenberg kit for ages. I ordered it in aubergine but wanted to see the colours for real before I made my final choice - Ally Pally was a great opportunity to do that!


It was also great to see the knitted river from iknit, which has grown since I last saw it - it really is a hopeful statement to try to change the imbalance of resources in the world:


Somewhere in there are squares Hila and I knitted last year.

I did make it to Stash to knit yesterday and was given this lovely skein of Knitwitches yarn by Jill and Tessa for driving them to Ally Pally:


And Fiona gave me a gorgeous Diptych candle - such luxury - I feel quite spoiled! Thank you, all.

Nic has kindly pointed out that she didn't design the Miss Potter mitts on the cover of Yarn Forward - it was another Nic - sorry both of you for the error!

2 Comments:

Blogger HPNY Knits said...

I wish I could have been there this year! it was great fun. I have been following the "river" on the iKnit site. its fantastic!

11:46 AM  
Blogger kasiaiscarly said...

Wow . .. that Habu is GEORGOUS!

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home